<" ">
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
i know He is able: Isaiah 25 Refuge from the Storm

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Isaiah 25 Refuge from the Storm


Our Refuge - I was sinking deep in sin...

Isa 25:1
O LORD, thou [art] my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful [things; thy] counsels of old [are] faithfulness [and] truth.

Isa 25:2
For thou hast made of a city an heap; [of] a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.

Isa 25:3
Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.

Isa 25:4
For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones [is] as a storm [against] the wall.

Isa 25:5
Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; [even] the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

Isa 25:6
And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

Isa 25:7
And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

Isa 25:8
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken [it].

Isa 25:9
And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this [is] our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this [is] the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Isa 25:10
For in this mountain shall the hand of the LORD rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, even as straw is trodden down for the dunghill.

Isa 25:11
And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as he that swimmeth spreadeth forth [his hands] to swim: and he shall bring down their pride together with the spoils of their hands.

Isa 25:12
And the fortress of the high fort of thy walls shall he bring down, lay low, [and] bring to the ground, [even] to the dust.


I woke up singing this song, cannot quit singing it so I am sharing it.

Love Lifted Me
Words by James Rowe
Music by Howard E. Smith

1912

I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore.
Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Chorus
Love lifted me! (even me)
Love lifted me! (even me)
When nothing else could help,
Love lifted me!
All my heart to Him I'll give, ever to Him I'll cling,
In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing.
Love so mighty and so true merits my soul's best songs;
Faithful, loving service, too, to Him belongs.


Chorus
Love lifted me! (even me)
Love lifted me! (even me)
When nothing else could help,
Love lifted me!
Souls in danger, look above, Jesus completely saves;
He will lift you by His love, out of the angry waves.
He's the Master of the sea, billows His will obey;
He your Saviour wants to be -
BE SAVED TODAY!


Chorus
Love lifted me! (even me)
Love lifted me! (even me)
When nothing else could help,
Love lifted me!

Ephesians 2:4-5 4. "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"
You are invited to visit the Church that I attend.

_____ONLINE BIBLE RESOURCES_____

Pastor Marvin Hunt's BibleHistory.com Link
Compare Churches - Belief Central Link

_____ONLINE BIBLE RESOURCES_____

__________

The Bible - The online stop for links, resources, devotions, and of course, Bibles!
Three Angels Global Networking (TAGNET) Online Bible - An HTML Bible that is user friendly.
The Bible Gateway - a free service for reading and researching scripture online.
Bible History Online - Resources that is based around ancient history and the Bible.
Bible Study Tools - is the largest resource of in-depth study and exploration of God's Word.
The Unbound Bible - is a collection of searchable Bibles consisting of 10 English versions

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

Books of Moses Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Other early books Joshua Judges Ruth 1&2 Samuel 1&2 Kings 1&2 Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah Esther Job Poetic books Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes Song of Solomon Prophets Isaiah Jeremiah Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zechariah Malachi Gospels and Acts Matthew Mark Luke John Acts Epistles Romans 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Galatians Ephesians Philippians Colossians 1&2 Thessalonians 1&2 Timothy Titus & Philemon Hebrews James 1&2 Peter 1,2,3 John Jude Revelation, etc. Revelation Whole Bible: Pattern/summary chart; Finding verses Maps Go Topic index A page that points you to where selected topics are discussed. Go. Alphabetic index - Acts Amos 1&2 Chronicles Colossians 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Daniel Deuteronomy Ecclesiastes Ephesians Esther Exodus Ezekiel Ezra Galatians Genesis Habakkuk Haggai Hebrews Hosea Isaiah James Jeremiah Job Joel John 1,2,3 John Jonah Joshua Jude Judges 1&2 Kings Lamentations Leviticus Luke Malachi Mark Matthew Micah Nahum Nehemiah Numbers Obadiah 1&2 Peter Philemon Philippians Proverbs Psalms Revelation Romans Ruth 1&2 Samuel Song of Solomon 1&2 Thessalonians 1&2 Timothy Titus Zechariah Zephaniah
  • The Bible in MP3 format - FREE!
    Enjoy FREE MP3 downloads of the Bible!