May We Accept His Direction
1. WHAT did the prophet Isaiah predict of Christ? "And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and His rest shall be glorious." Isa. 11:10.
NOTE.-Paul renders this, "In Him shall the Gentiles trust." Rom. 15:12.
2. Why does God wish us to trust in Jesus? "That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ." Eph. 1:12.
3. What did the Ephesians do upon hearing the gospel?" "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation." Verse 13, first part
4. What experience followed this trust in Jesus? "In whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise." Verse 13, last part.
NOTE.-To trust in Jesus is to believe in Him, to have abiding and unbounded confidence in Him. When such trust exists, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise.
5. What is the gospel to every one that believes? "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth." Rom. 1:16.
6. How does God regard one who abandons his faith? "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back My soul shall have no pleasure in him."Heb. 10:38.
7. Is there danger of believers losing their hold on Christ? "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." Matt. 24:12.
8. By what does one gain the victory over the world? "This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4.
9. What encouragement does Jesus give us to meet cheerfully the troubles and trials of life? "These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33.
10. What has this firm trust in Jesus led many to do?"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." Rev. 12:11. "And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (of whom the world was not worthy)." Heb. 11:36-38.
11. What did it lead Moses to do?"By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward." Verses 24-26.
12. What is promised those who trust in Jesus? "There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My sake, and the gospel's, but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." Mark 10:29,30.
13. What is Jesus able to do?"Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory." Jude 24.