<" ">
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
i know He is able: Ps.119 vs49-144

Friday, January 28, 2005

Ps.119 vs49-144

We continue in this Ps. because this author is going through so much of what the Christian faces day by day. He is being persecuted for his faith in God, and his faith is being tested endlessly. Satan has days like that with us! He will put us through the ringer using the people around us. He will use our Christian friends and family as well as our unChristian acquaintances. He is very determined. But the Law of God never changes as many people in these last days would have us believe. Have you not heard the excuse that the things allowed today are ok now and were only meant for people "back then"? Times have changed...?? What a great lie Satan has devised there! So we will learn from this pslamist how to be ceaseless in our prayers to God for strength to keep His Laws. Remember that whatever you pray for in your growth in Faith must be tested. This person is growing stronger and stronger in his faith, you can feel it, as he goes through these relentless trials. He knows that God is with him through it all! Do not give up on reading this psalm until you have read it completely. It is exciting to be with this person in his trials. They are so much just like ours. Time does NOT change. Solomon says there is nothing new under the sun. That is SO TRUE! Don't let Satan deceive you.

49---Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. The arrogant mock me without restraint, but I do not turn from Your law. I remember Your ancient laws, O Lord, and I find comfort in them. Indignation grips me because of the wicked, who have forsaken Your law. Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. In the night I remember Your name, O Lord, and I will keep Your law. This has been my practice: I obey Your perecepts. You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to obey Your words. I have sought Your face with all my heart; Be gracious to me according to Your promise, I have considered my ways, and have turned my steps to Your statutes, I willl hasten and not delay to obey Your commands. Though the wicked bind me with ropes, I will not forget Your law. At midnight I rise to give You thanks for Your righteous laws. I am a friend to all who fear You, to all who follow Your precepts. The earth is filled with Your love, O Lord: teach me Your decrees.
Do good to Your servant according to Your word, O Lord. Teach me Your knowledge and good judgement, for I believe in Your commands. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey Your word. You are good, and what You do is good; teach me Your decrees. Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, I keep Your precepts with all my heart. Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, but I delight in Your law. It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn Your decrees. The law from Your mouth is more percious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.
Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learnYour commands. May those who fear You rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope inYour word. I know , O Lord, that Your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness You have afflicted me. May Your unfailing love be my comfort, according to Your promise to Your servant. Let Your compassion come to me that I may live, for Your law is my delight. May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause; But I will meditate on Your precepts. May those who fear You turn to me, those who understand Your statues, May my heart be blameless toward Your decrees, that I may not be put to shame. My soul faints with longing for Your salvation, but I have put my hope in Your word. My eyes fail, looking for Your promise; I say, "When will You comfort me?" Though I am like a wineskin in the smoke, I do not forget Your decrees. How long must your servant wait? When will you punish my persecutor? The arrogant dig pitfalls for me, contratry to Your law. All your commands are trustworthy; help me, for men persecute me without cause. They almost wiped me from the earth but I have not forsaken Your precepts, Preserve my life according to Your love, and I will obey the statues of Your mouth. Your word, O Lord, is eternal: it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; You established the earth, and it endured. Your laws endure to this day, for all things serve You. If Your law had not been my delight I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have preserved my life.

You are invited to visit the Church that I attend.

_____ONLINE BIBLE RESOURCES_____

Pastor Marvin Hunt's BibleHistory.com Link
Compare Churches - Belief Central Link

_____ONLINE BIBLE RESOURCES_____

__________

The Bible - The online stop for links, resources, devotions, and of course, Bibles!
Three Angels Global Networking (TAGNET) Online Bible - An HTML Bible that is user friendly.
The Bible Gateway - a free service for reading and researching scripture online.
Bible History Online - Resources that is based around ancient history and the Bible.
Bible Study Tools - is the largest resource of in-depth study and exploration of God's Word.
The Unbound Bible - is a collection of searchable Bibles consisting of 10 English versions

Phrase Search / Concordance
Words/Phrase To Search For
(e.g. Jesus faith love, or God of my salvation, or believ* ever*)

Books of Moses Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Other early books Joshua Judges Ruth 1&2 Samuel 1&2 Kings 1&2 Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah Esther Job Poetic books Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes Song of Solomon Prophets Isaiah Jeremiah Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zechariah Malachi Gospels and Acts Matthew Mark Luke John Acts Epistles Romans 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Galatians Ephesians Philippians Colossians 1&2 Thessalonians 1&2 Timothy Titus & Philemon Hebrews James 1&2 Peter 1,2,3 John Jude Revelation, etc. Revelation Whole Bible: Pattern/summary chart; Finding verses Maps Go Topic index A page that points you to where selected topics are discussed. Go. Alphabetic index - Acts Amos 1&2 Chronicles Colossians 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Daniel Deuteronomy Ecclesiastes Ephesians Esther Exodus Ezekiel Ezra Galatians Genesis Habakkuk Haggai Hebrews Hosea Isaiah James Jeremiah Job Joel John 1,2,3 John Jonah Joshua Jude Judges 1&2 Kings Lamentations Leviticus Luke Malachi Mark Matthew Micah Nahum Nehemiah Numbers Obadiah 1&2 Peter Philemon Philippians Proverbs Psalms Revelation Romans Ruth 1&2 Samuel Song of Solomon 1&2 Thessalonians 1&2 Timothy Titus Zechariah Zephaniah
  • The Bible in MP3 format - FREE!
    Enjoy FREE MP3 downloads of the Bible!